There are probably only a couple of Lambo’s in our good ol Hyderabad, a Black one which started making its presence felt about a 6 months ago on the roads and the yellow one which made its debut on the KBR park road last week. I had the chance to race with the new shiny yellow one that day and believe it or not it gave me the same thrills which probably Narayan Karthikeyan would have got when he raced ‘The Michal Schumacher’.
For the un-informed, I don’t drive one of the new fads V6 racers which blaze the trail on ‘apna’ Hyderabadi streets these days, I drive my humble Suzuki 800 cc, a 10 year old model which definitely looks non-descript. Before anyone starts having second thoughts, it’s also called ‘Maruti 800’, but to tell you the truth, I am very fond of it, well who will not, because its my first car and every one worth their salt will tell it nothing short than a Ferrari. I call it ‘The Aeroplane’ out of sheer love for the classic.
The story goes that, I was driving back home with my wife after a late dinner at ‘Cocos’ an open air restaurant near the KBR park, when every one heard a deep roaring noise emanating from an enormous automobile engine, the behemoth was behind me when I heard the sound, I caught a glimpse of it when it overtook my humble ‘Gaadi’. All of a sudden, the yellow super-car overtook and left everyone dazzled by its sheer speed. All things said and done, I just moved on and was minding my own business when I saw it again near the ‘Jubilee Check post’, by that time there was lot of traffic ahead of the Lambo.
Something strange occurred to me and suddenly their and then, I decided to race the Lambo, my better half sitting next to me would have read my mind and immediately gave me the restraining order to perish the thought.
Boy o’ Boy, I ignored her glares and started chasing the yellow monster, there was lot of traffic on the road and the big one had problems negotiating the autowalahs and the white Indica pro drivers of corporate offices. The twists and turns baffled the Lambo pilot and he had to go cautiously by the road, on the other hand, I am an adept of this road, I know each and every corner and pothole of this road so was able to overtake the Lambo not one, not two but three times in a row, every time I over took I was shouting ‘yeoooooooo…..yeooooooo….yeooooo’. I would have done it for the fourth time had my wife not stopped me from doing so by a terse command of order.
The next stop was Madhapur police station circle, knowing the obvious risk I did not try to race it there, the moments the lights went green, the Lamborghini accelerated and went out of sight by the time I shifted to second gear.
Learning’s from this episode:
Know your territory like the back of your hand; one can achieve extraordinary things by good knowledge. Analyze the risks involved, listen to your better senses and most important of all, know when to STOP!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

pagal
ReplyDeletehehe... well, tell you what... I know you didnt wear your glasses that night and that was just a freshly painted yellow Ambassador that you overtook ! :D
ReplyDeleteseriously though, good to see you bloggin uncle... and this was a nice read... :)
Good One Uncle :-)... I assume you would have had a good rush :)
ReplyDeletePS: How about that Chaman Book that you'd suggested long time back :-), now that we are all in to not so serious blogging, we can give it a serious shot.